It is essential that all freight to the EU has all necessary documentation. Early reports suggest many failures to comply which are likely to result in entry being refused.


There will be immediate rule changes for the transport of goods into the EU, despite the entering into force of the new Trade and Co-operation Agreement between the UK and the EU. Further changes will be implemented more gradually until at least July 2025.

Without proper preparation, the introduction of these new rules has significant potential to cause delay and disruption, especially at Channel crossings. The UK has announced contingency plans to control traffic flows into Kent and other measures aimed at ensuring that all necessary documentation is completed before journeys commence.

External resources