Can I still use TRACES for imports from a non EU country?

No, you will need to use the UK’s new Import of Products, Animals, Food and Feed System (IPAFFS) for imports of:

  • live animals
  • POAO subject to veterinary checks
  • high-risk food and feed not of non-animal origin
  • germplasm (also called germinal products)
  • ABPs not intended for human consumption subject to veterinary checks

You will also need to check the latest position on Health Certificates and other documentation.

For plants and plant products you will need to use the PEACH system: this will be changing to a new system in 2021.

Further information: Importing animals, animal products, and high-risk